Position Title: Business Analyst
Company: eNSYNC Solutions, Inc.
Department: Application and Product Development
I. Position Concept
Responsible for activities surrounding implementation of ScanWorkX, including gathering customer requirements, understanding business processes, and delivering quality systems. Specify, design, and implement customer solutions based on company and customer needs. An understanding of the technical requirements to implement both hardware and software solutions is required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly to internal and external customers in order to adequately train on delivered systems. Responsible for customer support to keep business systems running and updated as needed. Requires some supervision.
Direct or Indirect Impact on Sales, Earning, Revenues, and/or Expenses: The Business Analyst position will have direct interaction with external customers and will be the first point-of-contact for customers. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance, as customer retention is essential to the survival of eNSYNC as a viable consulting organization.
III. Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Background in Information Systems and/or Computer Science preferred.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and distribution systems required.
- Technical understanding of RF Networks and mobile computing hardware.
- Ability to be able to capture customer business processes and translate that knowledge into a working information system.
- Exceptional written communication skills to write clear and logical Functional Specifications based on customer and business needs.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills in order to clearly understand customer requirements and make logical recommendations to customers.
- Project planning and organizational skills are necessary in order to keep projects on time and within budget. Multiple projects will be worked on simultaneously.
- A high-level understanding of database design and programming techniques will assist in writing clear specifications that are technically sound.
This position requires some supervision and works on assignments ranging in duration from several weeks to one year in duration. This position may require acting as the project leader on small to medium projects, depending on individual capacity. This position may also require acting as the primary customer support person for applications delivered as well as support on other systems and projects as the need arises. Written and oral communication skills will be utilized for end-user training as well as document preparation for training material and functional specifications.
IV. Position Organization
Reports To: Director of Application and Product Development
Directly Supervises: N/A
Indirectly Supervises: May need to direct Programming Staff on individual projects
V. Position Specifications
Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business preferred
Minimum of two years experience in manufacturing and/or distribution with emphasis on business process and system design.
Excellent communication and customer relations skills as well as the ability to think and react quickly in stressful situation.
IV. Specialized Knowledge
Understanding of business systems and ERP systems. Bar Code Data Collection knowledge a plus.
Ability to adapt to unfamiliar situations
Ability to grasp the "big picture" and translate that to a working business system
Self motivation and objectivity