Position Title: Software Engineer
Company: eNSYNC Solutions, Inc.
Department: Operations - Application and Product Development
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Reports To: Manager of Application and Product Development
- The Software Engineer position is responsible for activities surrounding development of business systems for manufacturing and distribution clients.
- This position will also require the ability to understand and write professional functional requirements, conduct peer reviews of programming techniques, as well as deliver, implement, and support code written by self and others.
- An understanding of the technical requirements to implement both hardware and software solutions is required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly to internal and external customers in order to adequately support delivered systems.
- Responsible for customer support to keep business systems running and updated as needed.
- Requires some supervision, but self motivation and ability to deliver to written specifications is very important.
Impact on the Organization
Direct or Indirect Impact on Sales, Earning, Revenues, and/or Expenses: The Software Engineer position will have direct interaction with external customers and will be the primary technical support contact for customers. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance, as customer retention is essential to the survival of eNSYNC as a viable consulting and product development organization.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Background in Information Systems and/or Computer Science with a strong technical and programming emphasis is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and distribution systems preferred.
- Technical understanding of RF Networks and mobile computing hardware.
- Ability to be able to understand a functional requirements document and translate the information into a well designed and documented program.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills in order to clearly communicate with internal Business Analyst as well as external customers to program to specific business needs.
- Project planning and organizational skills are necessary as multiple projects will be worked on simultaneously.
- A well-developed understanding of database design (in addition to programming techniques) will assist in writing efficient database queries.
- This position requires some supervision and works on assignments ranging in duration from several weeks to one year in duration. This position may require acting as the project leader on small to medium projects, depending on individual capacity. This position may also require acting as the primary customer support person for applications delivered as well as support on other systems and projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science preferred
- Other technical degrees will be considered based on experience
- Non-degreed applicants will be considered depending on experience
- Two years of experience in Manufacturing or Distribution is preferred
- Programming experience with ERP systems and/or other business systems
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills as well as the ability to think and react quickly in stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment when required, as well as the ability to be self-motivated, organized, and driven when unsupervised.
- Programming experience with C#, SQL Server, X++, Microsoft .NET/Visual Studio
- Dynamics AX experience a plus
- Overall understanding of business and ERP systems
- Bar Code Data Collection knowledge/experience a plus
- Ability to adapt to unfamiliar situations
- Ability to grasp the "big picture" and translate that to a working business system
- Self motivation and objectivity
- Willingness to listen to input from others as well as share constructive criticism in a professional manner.